Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Philadelphia Magic Gardens

An art institution in the city that I'd been so interested in attending was Philadelphia Magic Gardens (PMG). It was also incredibly fortuitous that I was able to write a paper about the Gardens for my grad program, so I basically had to go. PMG is a mostly-outdoor mosaic garden in downtown Philadelphia. The artist, Isaiah Zagar has lived in the neighborhood since the 1960s and in 2002 the Gardens became the arts organization.


I loved how colorful the Gardens were and how they brought light into my otherwise typical day. PMG offers programming for families and adults, and the prices are incredibly reasonable - a student ticket is only $5.



I can totally understand why people love this and to some extent, my iPhone pictures don't do the space close to justice.


I can only imagine what PMG would look like on a beautiful sunny summer afternoon, so hopefully I can visit again when it warms up!


That's all for now,

Sarah

2 comments:

Reesa Lewandowski said...

I have always wanted to visit this area. I only live about 45mins from Philly, but we never go!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

It's amazing when it's sunny. It feels like another world.