Sunday, March 30, 2014

Where You Work Linkup!

I'm so excited to be blogging on a Sunday morning to share with you all my portion of the Where You Work Linkup hosted by the lovey Rebecca, Carlee, and Dorothy. I'm always interested to see how other blogger work and especially where. While I can get homework done at the library or a coffee shop, and sometimes I do enjoy blogging in those places, I work best and most consistently at my desk. Read on to learn more!


1. Where is your favorite workspace located? (Library, apartment, dorm room?)
My favorite workspace, and blogspace, is my desk. I shared a little about it in my apartment tour, and I haven't had a chance until now to talk exclusively about that space. I love that my desk is right next to a window that gets a lot of great natural light, and I take full advantage of it in the mornings before work to eat breakfast and take care of small daily tasks like responding to emails and organizing my life. I made sure to get a white desk to help facilitate blog posts and I love how when I clean off the surface, it's so fresh and calming.


2. Do you prefer a sleek desk or you more of an “organized chaos” kind of person?
I prefer to have a sleek desk, but more often than not, it turns into organized chaos by the end of the week. Usually every weekend I have a chance to take inventory on the space and clean it off before homework, blogging, etc. really starts for the next week.


3. What is your favorite kind of writing utensil?
My favorite kind of writing utensil would have to be black pens. While I use pencil exclusively for my accounting homework, I take all of my class notes for grad school in black pen. To me, blue is a little to out there for really focusing, so I avoid it, except when I'm drafting papers and doing prewriting for assignments.


4. Show us your calendar or agenda!
My Lilly Pulitzer planner is above, and even though it's a little too large, it's a great size for keeping track of everything. I have the jumbo planner and I doubt I'll get the same size next year. The only saving grace of the jumbo planner is that I can keep full sheets of paper inside, so it's great at the beginning of school quarters to keep track of the syllabi. I only write inside in black pen, and I constantly use post-it notes to write thoughts and make lists without permanently altering the pages of the planner.

5. And just for fun, what are you looking forward to most about spring?
This spring I'm most excited for my new classes and for more opportunities to see opera in the city and in New York. Really amazing things are happening right now, and I'm so excited to experience it all.

That's all for now,

Sarah

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for joining in on our link up! I love the pitcher of flowers on your desk...makes me want spring to come even faster!

Carlee said...

Thanks for joining us! I love the tulips and that lamp on your desk!

Anna Belle said...

We're looking at moving to a more centrally located apartment and I want a white desk just like this! Right now the husband and I work at our large kitchen table, but it's not the same as a dedicated space.

Sydney Huss said...

So glad you linked up! I loved reading your post. And I love the way you choose to display your pens/pencils!

xoxo, Sydney
everydaysouthernprep.blogspot.com

shadesofsarah.com said...

Love this!! I really like your vase and tulips too :)

~ Sarah
Shades of Sarah